Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Welcome to 9th grade English with Mrs. Capen

Hello, students and parents and welcome to Humanities I/English with Mrs. Capen.  I am pleased to have you in my class this term and hope that you utilize this blog to keep you up to date on what is happening in class and what the daily homework will be.

About me:  I am a San Diego native, raised in the Skyline/Paradise Hills neighborhood and attended Will C. Crawford High School.  I received my Bachelor's degree from San Diego State University, spent a year at CSU San Marcos for my teaching credential, and followed that up with a Master's degree in Teaching and Learning from Point Loma Nazarene University.  This will be my 16th year teaching at Steele Canyon.  When I'm not in the classroom, I am busily raising my two sons, a sixth-grader and an eighth-grader at Hillsdale Middle with my wonderful husband, a classically trained chef.

Your job: Please familiarize yourself with this blog and parents: make sure to fill out and submit the Parent Contact Info via the link under the Need to know items.  This assignment is worth 10 points. Also, to receive daily reminders, enter your email.

I am looking forward to this term.  The most efficient way to contact me would be via e-mail at scapen@schscougars.org Rah Rah Cougars!

Homework:
1.  Read over the Syllabus, and get your parent signature on Syllabus.

2.  Fill out and submit the Parent Contact Info on this blog.

3.  Purchase required materials (see syllabus):  A planner to write down homework assignments and daily agenda, 4 different colored highlighters, colored pencils, paper, a three-ring binder, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignments for the week of April 13-April 17-Distance Learning

I sent the following message via google Classroom: Hello everyone!  I'm hoping all of you and your loved ones are doing well and stayi...